Author  Topic 
Page: of 3

Openminded_gal
Junior Asian

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2004 :  23:23:59        
No, I'm not telling ya, thought you guys could tell me!! :p
I know that bengaltiger said pot bellys are in, but not for gals to!!
Don't say situps cos i've tried them, they don't work. Anyone got any other ideas???

So many guys are eligiable for dating but not many who reach the standard for the
lifetime committment of marriage.

If I donít speak my mind, how you going to know what I think?

http://Writing.Com/authors/inspire

admin
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
3867 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2004 :  23:50:40        
sit ups will help build ur muscles so you'll end up with a lovely six pack!

If you wanna make it flat you have to do cardio exercises so walking, running, jogging, aerobics... that will help reduce the fat, along with a well balanced diet (rice and fish lol) and plenty of water!

i used to do a lot of sit-ups, didnt reduce the fat, just made muslces bulge out of me tummy, so its no use if u wanna make it flat.

best time would be to do it for an hour or even more EVERY morning. so come on chop chop! yeh give us a buzz before u go i'll come with ya! lol i need to work out too! lol

"98% of the time i'm right, why worry about the other 3%?"

Lutonian
Asian Moderator

United Kingdom
9503 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2004 :  00:00:04      
thats right admin - sit-ups help improve strength of your abdominal muscles and can increase their size (depending on how u do the sit-up i.e. normal crunches/oblique crunches/reverse crunches).

if u just wanna get rid of excess flab from ur stomach then u need to do cardiovascular training such as running/rowing/aerobics or any aerobic kinda activity that burns energy. the key also lies in changing ur diet too such that u reduce ur carbohydrate intake and stay off high calory junk foods.

easiest way 2 manage such a regime, rather go to a gym or try running on ur own (ul soon get bored), is to try n take up an aerobic sport...football is wicked for calory burning! also most hard contact martial arts (taekwon do, kickboxing etc) are excellent ways to get in shape!

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

admin
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
3867 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2004 :  00:52:39        
great advice lutonian, and remember - it's better to eat 10 times a day rather than to eat once.

What i mean by that is dont stuff urself 10 times a day but eat in smaller portions, so spilt what u would eat in 2 meals into 10, that way the size of ur stomach bag will also be reduced which will adapt ur body to eat less. Do not starve urself! that will only destroy ur health!

Give your body the fuel it needs! vegetables, fruits, nuts, berries, whole grains, and lean proteins (chicken, fish, eggs, etc.).

Don't have too many sugary foods cos that energy will turn into fat if u do not use it up.

jeez i sound like sum kind of personal trainer! lol im off to bed!

The Woman In Moi
Asian Baby

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2004 :  01:29:50    

More effective abdominal exercises are based on Pilates and yoga. These focus on core strength using stabilisation work, which targets the deeper muscles, such as the transversus, lower back muscles, pelvic muscles and hip flexors.
Try these stability exercises for an alternative workout, to create the ultimate long, lean and strong look.

Exercise 1
Start on all fours, with your hands shoulder width apart and knees hip distance apart. Extend your left leg and right arm out, hold for four seconds, exhale as you extend the arm and leg, and then pull in the abdominals. Now, pull your elbow and knee towards the navel, rounding the back and pulling in your abdominals. Repeat four to eight times on each side.
Exercise 2
Get on all fours again, with your hands shoulder-width apart and knees hip-distance apart. Now, lift your knees off the floor and straighten the legs, making sure you press the heels down. Bend the knees and then return the knees towards the mat, but keep them about one inch off the ground. Repeat the exercise four to eight times.
Exercise 3
Repeat Exercise 2 and hold the straight leg position. Then, press the chest back towards the thighs and raise one leg to the ceiling. Fully extend the leg, contracting the buttock muscles. Hold for eight counts, lower the leg and repeat with the other leg.
Exercise 4
On all fours, extend one leg back to rest on the ball of the foot and hold it while you extend the other leg to join it. You should now be in what looks like a full 'push-up' position. Hold this position, keeping the shoulders and buttocks in line like a table top. This exercise is known as The Plank.
Exercise 5
Lying on your back with your knees bent, place your hands behind your head to support the neck. Lift and lower the upper torso while keeping one foot raised 2ins off the floor. Keep your focus towards the top of your knees and exhale on the upward movement. Repeat eight to 10 times then change the legs and perform another set.
Look here too
From boiler to babe: the fitness diary of a slob

Exercise classes on test

Fitness calculators

Exercise 6
Lying on your back, raise your legs so that the knees are above your hips and your ankles are at a right angle. Extend your arms above your chest to the ceiling, inhale to prepare and, on the exhale, extend one leg out to a 45-degree diagonal position and the diagonally opposite arm 45 degrees back towards the wall behind you.
Repeat, alternating sides. Throughout the exercise, do not allow the lower back to arch away from the ground. And, for a bigger challenge, try extending both legs and arms together.

Dunno if it works... the honest to goodness truth is that i haven't actually read through the whole of it.. do lemme know if it has any positive effects

The Woman In Moi

admin
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
3867 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2004 :  01:32:56        
nice exercises - hey woman in moi - go and introduce urself gwan gwan! lol

The Woman In Moi
Asian Baby

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2004 :  02:02:33    
Na i think i'll give it a miss... i'm too shy a person... hehehe.

The Woman In Moi

admin
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
3867 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2004 :  02:15:20        
oh go on! we'd all love to know more about u!

Openminded_gal
Junior Asian

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2004 :  22:32:19        
wow guy's I am impressed. Some really good advice.

So Lutonian does that mean your in good shape? ;) (don't worry i aint hittin on ya, i know you married not that, that would stop me!! :p)

Admin, you sure you can keep up with me?? lol

Thanks the women in moi, if i ever get round to trying them out, I'll let you know if it worked. And like admin said, come on introduce yourself, were all friends here, or so I hope!! lol

So many guys are eligiable for dating but not many who reach the standard for the

Lutonian
Asian Moderator

United Kingdom
9503 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2004 :  23:49:43      
lol i used 2 b more into fitness and in better shape b4 i got married (hav 2 eat da wife's cookin n all dat n my inlaws stuff me to bits!). dont do martial arts anymore (aint got the time) but still go gym 3-4 times a week and play football once a week which keeps me reasonably fit.

now that the weather is better gonna do more cross country running on the weekends (when ive got time).

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

admin
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
3867 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2004 :  00:37:49        
quote:

Admin, you sure you can keep up with me?? lol

I can run half a mile u know! course i'll be able to keep up with ya!

SAF
Junior Asian

United Kingdom
114 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2004 :  11:22:01    
i tried pilates... i've got a video on it i thibk its reeaaalllyy hard!!

Lutonian
Asian Moderator

United Kingdom
9503 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2004 :  13:19:19      
quote:
Originally posted by admin

I can run half a mile u know! course i'll be able to keep up with ya!

Half a mile is that all???

admin
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
3867 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2004 :  14:21:36        
u tell me u can run more than half a mile?!

it's impossible i say! i walked, then jogged, then ran, then jogged then walked again and i nearly had a heart attack!!! I tink i lost 10 calories, *pat on the back* i will go to the gym again next year, i think i've done enough this year!

Lutonian
Asian Moderator

United Kingdom
9503 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2004 :  14:32:41      
lol..i do a 1 mile fast jog in the gym as my warm-up...then 1km on a rowing machine then another 2 miles as a slow jog, and i dont regard myself as particularly fit.

wen i used to run cross-country outdoors (a few years back now) we would do 2 - 2.5 miles including up hill running or up to 10 miles up and down hills on a bike.

1 of my mates does 3 miles a day every day round hyde park..nutter..

Openminded_gal
Junior Asian

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2004 :  22:49:53        
SAF, I started pilates last summer but never carried it on. It was really good though.

Lutonian looks like your looking after yourself. I'm sure wifey is erm very happy with your package, the body i mean!!! (what else did you think i meant!! :p)

Admin, lol now I'm certain you won't be able to keep up with me. How about a race?

admin
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
3867 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  00:37:39        
hmmm a race?! If there is a kebab waiting at the other end then i can beat anyone at a race! Cam on ur on!

Openminded_gal
Junior Asian

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  15:53:48        
lol, my favourite too but you sure you don't wanna make it more interesting since i'm gonna whip your ass!! :p

admin
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
3867 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2004 :  22:51:01        
wow! i went to the gym today, ran nearly 2 miles, bench pressed, swam 3 laps, relaxed in the jacuzzi and then the sauna! and im going tomorrow mornign again at 6:30am!!! im on a roll!!!! i better slow down otherwise im gonna get a heart attack! lol

miss_foxy
Teen Asian

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2004 :  02:25:58      
you probably will the rate your going, i must say that ive been giving the gym a miss at the mo, not been for bout a month, just dont have time or im either going thru the phrase of not wanting to go teh gym ,cant be botherd. admin you never get like that? i guess its different for lads cos you guys tend to go for training so it s mouch more ctricter in the sense that you have to go regularly to bulid tem muscles.
ah well promise to go in the next two weeks, after exams are ove with. i promise!!!

im foxy, fun and FINE!!!

admin
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
3867 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2004 :  09:01:28        
lol, nah i never feel like not going i always look after my health (ahem, this is the 2nd time in the last 22 years i've been to the gym!!!)

Just been again this morning at 7am! i feel as fit as a fiddle! (uuff all those aches and pains!)

I will happily go again tomorrow morning! (oh god, im dreading it!)

It's easier if u have a gym partner - i'll definately go when im married! (hehe what a way to put going to the gym off for the next 5 years!)

Page: of 3
 Topic   
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Asianforum.co.uk © AsianForum
This page was made by an Asian in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000