New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic   

ALISHA_NIQ
Junior Cub

United Kingdom
330 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2004 :  20:12:29    

Its a simple question that i put to you all, Are we losing our identity.......are we becoming goreh wannabes and in the process forgetting our roots??

what does it mean to be Asian, no one really seems to be Asian anymore. Majority of larkeh (guys) think they are some hip hop black rapstar and the larkiyan (gals) are just giggling goriyan wannabees running around chasing guys.

so people what do u think, are we losing our identity??

Openminded_gal
Junior Cub

United Kingdom
251 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2004 :  22:37:23        
Yeah i agree. The only identity you need is the muslim one (if your a muslim!!) because no matter what you do, how much you try to conform, they will never accept you!!!

So many guys are eligiable for dating but not many who reach the standard for the
lifetime committment of marriage.

http://Writing.Com/authors/inspire

Insomniac

United Kingdom
69 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2004 :  23:05:09    
I agree with both of you's, todays youth are becoming far too westernised and losing their asian culture. Although the only identity we need is Muslim ( for the ones who are Muslim ), it is still important to have our asian culture.

------------------
"If the movies have taught us anything, it's either never press the big red button or always press the big red button. Follow this simple rule and you can never go wrong."

admin
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
3225 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2004 :  23:54:15        
its natural to adapt to and adopt the environment u live in and the company u keep. Just dont forget where u come from, ur religion, ur values and ethics! This transformation as the younger generations evolve (or should i say devolve) into is unstoppable! Anyone have any solutions?!

"98% of the time i'm right, why worry about the other 3%?"

ClueLeSs
Junior Cub

United Kingdom
107 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2004 :  00:56:26    
well....hmmmmm.....only solution is implement your culture/religion and environment togetehr as that wont cause any conflicts between the westerner and easterner in you (sorry only terminology cud think of!)because you'll know your limits and at the same time you will appreciate your culture more...cos face it....our culture is so much more diverse,rich and inspirational.....and i totally agree if you have islam in your life...you cant go wrong.....because you know that islam is the way of life.......am i makin sense? am i?

ALISHA_NIQ
Junior Cub

United Kingdom
330 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2004 :  09:26:46    
True, our identity is Islam, yet these days unfortunately we see many youngsters adapting religion to their taste. They say they are muslim yet go out and drink, smoke dope and all that your not meant to do.

I think in this day and age, we need to show what Islam is really about. A peaceful faith that unites people. I work in an Education sector and off all the students we have had to exclude from college due to poor behaviour and academic neglect, the majority of them are Asians. Which does not give a good impression.

Before you say, NO i am not labelling all of the Asians the same. its only the few that give the rest a bad name.

I personally think that our identity is our strength and unity and we should not forget that. i can sit and engage in conversation, talk to people from all walks of life, offer them support but in a non judgemental way. I can walk into my workplace (mainly gora organisation) in shalwar kameez and stand proud, coz this is who I am, you either accept me or you don't FULLSTOP. Yet why do i see more and more youngsters walk around acting all gora like, f***ing and blinding as if they are all that. Why do some girls walk out of the house in shalwar kameez and hijab and then appear in college in revealing western clothes and hair open. Who are they trying to kid

Sorry, hope this makes sense. All I am trying to say is we should be proud of our origins, a good eastern and western mix.

khushi

United Kingdom
1779 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2004 :  13:16:11    
there is a same question in the other forum (general dicussion). shall i move it there? or leave it here?

~!~*~!~*~!~*~!~*~!~*~!~
aai re aai re khushi

ALISHA_NIQ
Junior Cub

United Kingdom
330 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2004 :  14:17:11    
Hi Khushi

Could you leave it there if thats okay, only because its a General Discussion, not an agony aunt thing

Thanks

khushi

United Kingdom
1779 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2004 :  14:33:33    
yes.. but rite now its in agony aunt section

u mean.. move it to general discussion?

~!~*~!~*~!~*~!~*~!~*~!~
aai re aai re khushi

ALISHA_NIQ
Junior Cub

United Kingdom
330 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2004 :  16:13:23    
Ok Dude, Khushi, You win, Lets move!!!!!!

sob sob

khushi

United Kingdom
1779 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2004 :  18:26:49    
aww i didnt mean to upset ya
i wont movie it
gonna stay here

happy?

cheers

~!~*~!~*~!~*~!~*~!~*~!~
aai re aai re khushi

BengaLTiger

United Kingdom
1882 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2004 :  19:40:23              
I lost mine yonks ago, i'm a tiger now! GroOoWLS!

//////////////// [BengalTiger ] ////////////////

http://www.Banglachat.net
http://www.Bdchat.com

ALISHA_NIQ
Junior Cub

United Kingdom
330 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2004 :  23:26:20    
Nah Nah i am not upset....Come on more opinions

admin
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
3225 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2004 :  23:56:16        
thats our khushi doing an excellent job on the forum as usual! we love her to bits!

come on people! give us ur thoughts!

ALISHA_NIQ
Junior Cub

United Kingdom
330 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2004 :  16:33:28    
Admin

1541 posts are a lot of words...........surely 98% of the time of the time you can not be right.....especially if you can't do your sums

"Live and Let Live....As LIfe is to Short...Never forget your roots"

admin
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
3225 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  02:21:01        
u know ur getting cheekier by the day! :P

khushi

United Kingdom
1779 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  12:46:24    
quote:
thats our khushi doing an excellent job on the forum as usual! we love her to bits!

lol thanx.. for buttering up

~!~*~!~*~!~*~!~*~!~*~!~
aai re aai re khushi

Edited by - khushi on 19 Apr 2004 15:29:16

babygal
Junior Cub

United Kingdom
354 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2004 :  16:36:08      
i completely agree wid u lot. n yeh its soooo pathetic hw ppl wanna 4get hu dey r (muslims/asians!!)n wanna bcum sumfing else (gorey!!) , its nt justice!!!

Am A GuD gYal CORRUPTED by bad TiNg$!

Schu
Starting Cub

5 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2004 :  01:40:39      
Hey, my first post outside the "intro" forum, so here it goes......

Ive just read a whole loada posts on this subject. In genreal i agree but there are several arguments here. Just want to know, what do you mean by saying everyone is becoming a gora wannabe? or kalya wannabe?

maxi
Junior Cub

United Arab Emirates
460 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2004 :  12:31:18      
If your faith in Islam is not strong then all those will surely happen, if it's strong, then it wouldn't!

but hey hey! i know one HAFEZ ... who has learned the entire quran byheart! He's what maybe 16yrs old, was caught for adultery!

ô - I w⧠bôrÑëd IÑÑôçèÑt, EdùçâtiôÑ ruined mè - ô

jemsbhai

USA
3566 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2004 :  09:25:50            
wow i know him too!! what a famous kid!!

quote:
Originally posted by maxi

If your faith in Islam is not strong then all those will surely happen, if it's strong, then it wouldn't!

but hey hey! i know one HAFEZ ... who has learned the entire quran byheart! He's what maybe 16yrs old, was caught for adultery!

ô - I w⧠bôrÑëd IÑÑôçèÑt, EdùçâtiôÑ ruined mè - ô

maybe life is just a dream

ALISHA_NIQ
Junior Cub

United Kingdom
330 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2004 :  16:20:35    
quote:
Originally posted by Schu

Hey, my first post outside the "intro" forum, so here it goes......

Ive just read a whole loada posts on this subject. In genreal i agree but there are several arguments here. Just want to know, what do you mean by saying everyone is becoming a gora wannabe? or kalya wannabe?

"Live and Let Live....As LIfe is to Short...Never forget your roots"

BengaLTiger

United Kingdom
1882 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2004 :  16:26:33              
Now, no offence to anyone who's Indian, But, I find most Indian people in the UK (Sikhs,Hindus) have already lost there true identity, There constant arse licking in the work place or amongst others, There inadequate mingling, trying to keep up with the newest trends, forgetting religeon, Forgetting there values (Social,Sexual), disrespecting there parents or elders etc etc! Values that make us asians what we are and stand out amongst other ethnic groups! Anyway, Its just my thoughts on this matter!

//////////////// [BengalTiger ] ////////////////

http://www.Banglachat.net
http://www.Bdchat.com

Naz
Senior Cub

United Kingdom
1076 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2004 :  11:01:53    
i agree wit bengal tiger!!! thats all true!!

***ÐÎðmØÑÐz ® ÑÌÇ€ Ñ §ø ® p£å®¿z ßÜT Ѐ®z ÑûtÍÑ ß£T® Ѐñ Úz ŧÎãÑ G¥åLz***

jemsbhai

USA
3566 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  00:35:42            
i agree with BT, once again!! down with indians, down i say!! how can the hindus forget their religion and eat their own deity gleefully at mcdonalds and other such places!! shame i say, shame!!

maybe life is just a dream

Amina
Senior Cub

United Kingdom
1787 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2004 :  13:02:11    
agree wid bengal 2

live life 2 d ful xtent
   Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: