New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic   

SKY
Average Member

USA
738 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2004 :  19:00:27      
I'm pretty sure most of you will not read this due to the length of the post, so I'll sum it up for you.

Listen up people: Coke, and soda in general, when consumed in large quantities is badfor your health. Most soft drinks have a pH level which is slightly acidic/acetic. The pH level of water is 7.0, while anything below that is an acid. (Anything above is a base.) The pH level of coke, in some studies, is 2.5, which is a strong acid. These numbers are from 2000 - 2003. I'm not sure if Coca Cola is taking out the ingredient (phosphoric acid) from their products.
Well, whatever though, enjoy.

The following are from Polish Your Furniture with Panty Hose: And Hundreds of Offbeat Uses for Brand-Name Products, Vol. 1 and reprinted with permission by the gracious author, Joey Green (Hyperion, 1996):

-To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl. Let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
-To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
-To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
-To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
-To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan; wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for sumptuous brown gravy.
-To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
-Coke can dissolve a tooth in about three days.

The Dangers of Soda Pop

From the Associated Press (Feb 6, 2001) we get:

WASHINGTON - To cut down on the soda, snacks and sweets children are eating, the government wants to require that all food sold in schools meets nutrition standards. That could mean an end to soda machines in the hall and candy and cookie sales to buy band uniforms.

The junk food that kids consume at school is contributing to obesity and other health problems, the Agriculture Department said in a report requested by Congress.

Please note that in Florida, Jeb Bush, the governor, is trying to re-open the schools to soda pop vending machines that the state legislature already threw out a few years back. Why? It might be the campaign contributions from Coke. I'm sure it's not for the health of the student body.

On June 14th of last year, we learned, again from the Associated Press:

CHICAGO - A study says teenage girls who drink soda are far more likely to break a bone. The study was based on questionnaires filled out by 460 ninth- and tenth-grade girls in a Boston-area high school.

The risk of broken bones was three times greater for girls who drank carbonated beverages in general. These beverages included non-cola drinks like ginger ale. The risk was five times greater for active girls who drank colas.

The study, conducted at Harvard School of Public Health, did not point to any ingredient or constituent responsible for this bone loss, but instead fell back on the standard claim that kids aren't getting enough calcium-rich milk. (In our next newsletter we'll blow up the myth that milk is the perfect food.)

In spite of the industry spokespersons claiming that "there is no evidence that anything in colas causes fractures," colas do cause bone loss and I shall explain to you how this occurs.

One of the "medicines of the future" is Orthomolecular Medicine. The term was coined by the two time Nobel Prize winning scientist, Linus Pauling. Orthomolecular Medicine is closely related to Nutritional Medicine. We are what we eat. This is fact, pure and simple. Orthomolecular medicine traces the nutrition we take in and the toxins we excrete at the molecular level to develop a complete understanding of the effect of proper nutrition on the wellness of the entire human organism.

So much for definitions. Now, let's take a look at what happens to our bodies when we fill them up with soda pop.

First off, you already know that we're dehydrating our bodies if we consume soda pop without taking in enough water to counter the effects of the caffeine. But secondly, and most importantly, look at the pH of Coca-Cola. It is decidedly acidic. Now, doctors recommend what for heartburn? Something your body needs anyway? Tums? What is in Tums? Calcium?

Calcium buffers acidity. Many people with heartburn find relief by taking only calcium tablets.

When the body becomes acidic, it goes to the Calcium Stores and borrows a little to return the body back to normal. Homeostasis, the bodies ability/tendency to maintain equilibrium, is maintained by buffering the acid with calcium, and the left over calcium is sent to the kidneys to be washed away.

d p

Shea
Average Member

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2004 :  19:03:36        
ughhh dude, dont tell me about it... my mom has a low sugar count and she's been like INHALING soda.

do most of you agree that pop is bad? given the facts stated by sky... quoted from journals and books

I'm in love with you (so in love)
I'm in love with you (I'm so in love)
I'm in love with you... with you

Rani

United Kingdom
758 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2004 :  19:08:51      
this wont stop me from drinking coke, man dont say anythin bad about my coke, i love it . better than boring water

ThE BeAuTy Of LiFe DoEs NoT DePeNd On HoW hApPy U r, BuT oN hOw HaPpY OtHeRs CaN b BeCaUsE oF YoU

Shea
Average Member

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2004 :  19:10:41        
hahaha, aww come on now, you dont want coke eating away your insides! you'll end up looking like those zombies from "28 DAYS LATER" after a while! Water is good... mmmmmmmm... water.... ::drool::

I'm in love with you (so in love)
I'm in love with you (I'm so in love)
I'm in love with you... with you

BengaLTiger

United Kingdom
684 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2004 :  21:09:36      
I polish my fine coin collection, with a bottle of soda. :)

//////////////// [BengalTiger ] ////////////////

http://www.Banglachat.net
http://www.Bdchat.com
   Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AsianForum.co.uk - Asian Forum © Asian Forum
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000