New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic   

admin
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1706 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2004 :  00:05:05      
Should parents be allowed to smack their children?

"98% of the time i'm right, why worry about the other 3%?"

SKY
Average Member

USA
738 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2004 :  02:22:20      
Sure, they're your kids, go ahead. Beat the hell out of them.

d p

Shea
Average Member

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2004 :  03:24:00        
i.... dont agree with that. hahah, beating kids is not a good way to raise them! it produces more rebelious behavior towards the parents.

I'm in love with you (so in love)
I'm in love with you (I'm so in love)
I'm in love with you... with you

Serek
Starting Member

Australia
22 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2004 :  08:35:01    
NO!

I too, taste like chicken

Rani

United Kingdom
758 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2004 :  14:17:17      
no i dont think they should be allowed to be smacked , because

1) the child will end up hating the parents
2) smacking the child doesnt solve anything
3) what ever u hit the child for he/she will do it again thinking oh well whats the worse that can happen ill get smacked
4) hitting is bad u can end up hurting the child
5) its illegal, considered as child abusing
6) just because u gave birth to them doesnt mean u have to hit the child, there are other better ways of discipling a child other than hitting them
7) the more u hit a child the more they get out of control

ThE BeAuTy Of LiFe DoEs NoT DePeNd On HoW hApPy U r, BuT oN hOw HaPpY OtHeRs CaN b BeCaUsE oF YoU

SKY
Average Member

USA
738 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2004 :  14:47:01      
Haha whats wrong with smacking your kids? As long as you're careful and keep it to a minimum. You can even combo the smacking with other punishment, like caning, booting, and generally whipping them with an extension cord. Sure, you'll leave emotional scars, and they'll probably call the police on you, and then end up going through 5 years of physical and emotional therapy when they're 30 years old, but imagine all the fun you'll have breaking canes over their skinny little backsides!

Aren't you guys Bangladeshi? They beat the hell out of their kids there, don't they?

I personally would never hit my kids, because theyre my kids and they're well behaved, but if you want me to baby sit your children, hehe, better watch out.

d p

admin
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1706 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2004 :  16:28:38      
SKY, not all bangladeshi's beat the hell out of their kids, btw way SKY, where are u originally from?

Rani

United Kingdom
758 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2004 :  16:42:04      
sky ur a bengali did u get beaten? grrr. not all bengalis hit their children. same goes for white , and other cultures, some hit their childrens some dont . sky hope no one ever asks u to babysit lol

ThE BeAuTy Of LiFe DoEs NoT DePeNd On HoW hApPy U r, BuT oN hOw HaPpY OtHeRs CaN b BeCaUsE oF YoU

Darcy

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2004 :  16:50:05    
I DON'T agree with parent's slapping children .. to hurt my own child.. i would be a disgrace!!!!!

SKY
Average Member

USA
738 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2004 :  16:52:33      
Whoa, when did I ever say I was bengali? I'm only half bangladeshi, and no, I didn't get beaten.

haha admin, nah, never got beaten, not even half the beats =)
got grounded sometimes, usually for staying out late or cutting school though.

Yeah, not everyone is the same. some people succeed, some people fail.

d p

Edited by - SKY on 30 Mar 2004 17:14:15

admin
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
1706 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2004 :  16:59:11      
so u must have got half the beats? not everyone is the same sky, please bear that in mind.

Shea
Average Member

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2004 :  21:20:43        
hahah, its all good! i didn't get BEATEN as a kid, but i got the old slap on the wrist for being a bad little boy! I guess THAT is fine but not actually beating them

MoMo

United Kingdom
290 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2004 :  21:27:23    
Im bengali n i never get beaten..n if i eva got slapped wen i went 2 far.my rents apologised 2 me str8 away...not all bengali's or asians r da same.i agree wid Rani itz different in different cultures...personally i wud never beat a child.der's always a betta way 2 handle dem...bt mayb if dey got 2222 out of hand id give thm a lil slap 2 calm dem down...bt i wud neva beat da hell out of dem....das jst cruel n inhumane!!!!

Shea
Average Member

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2004 :  21:30:18        
totally! i mean, how do you beat the hell out of a 6 year old without feeling misserable?

sarah

United Kingdom
287 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2004 :  21:50:35    
i think u shouldnt because the child will be disrespectful towards the parents and will eventuallt start hating them.
the best way is to talk and make the child understand the differnce between right and wrong.
why hit the child in the first place. if he/she has done something bad then where did he/she learn it from?
they say parents are the biggest influence, so this shows that the child learned it from them!!!!
disagree with me if u want but thats what i think!!

MoMo

United Kingdom
290 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2004 :  21:53:13    
yh tru tru....parents r a major influence..so thy shud b careful wen disciplinin a child..

Serek
Starting Member

Australia
22 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2004 :  05:17:52    
It's WRONG WRONG WRONG

Sky, when children get beaten you get f***ed up people like me walking around.

And you don't want that, believe me.

Shea
Average Member

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2004 :  07:17:10        
hahaha, i dont mean to go off topic, but what you said and your sig.... it sounds connected...

"It's WRONG WRONG WRONG

Sky, when children get beaten you get f***ed up people like me walking around.

And you don't want that, believe me.

I too, taste like chicken"

BengaLTiger

United Kingdom
684 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2004 :  13:54:40      
I donít like the idea of parents going to the extreme, just to satisfy there own frustration. But if punishment is applied in times when it is most needed, for the benefit of the child. Then sure fire away, but other then that, no parent should take his/her anger and stress out on there children.

As a child I was the worse of the bunch. My parents were strict, in a sense where they disciplined me, for my own benefit. But other then that they never beat me.

I remember my white friends and Indian friends use to love discussing there parents behaviours. Boasting to each other, that there parents were bigger b******s then the others. That sickened me, listening to these disrespectful kids talking about there parents in such a manner. They even to such extremes as to call there own parents a b****** or a bitch. Astagfirullah

My heaven lies beneath my parentís feet. And if it means getting kicked to a pulp by it, then so be it.

//////////////// [BengalTiger ] ////////////////

http://www.Banglachat.net

khushi

United Kingdom
765 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2004 :  14:46:40    
my answer is

NO

never smack a kid.. they r so cute and sensitive

~~ aai re aai re khushi ~~

rudegyal

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2004 :  12:15:30    
AGGRESSION BREEDS AGGRESSION - but i still think they shud b punished if need be hehe...obviously not beat the s*** out of em so bad they'd never do anyfin rong agen, but to show em..whats right and wrong..there are many ways of punishin kids...beating em aint the only solution..this wud just confuse the child if they're still yung, coz they aint gona have ne idea bout wut they dun rong in d 1st place! try n talk to ur children...let them see for themselves what is acceptable and wut isnt! :)

MoMo

United Kingdom
290 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2004 :  17:54:43    
Yh i totally agree wid dat n also wid Bengaltiger....i also h8 it wen kids disrespect der rents..

Serek
Starting Member

Australia
22 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2004 :  08:33:20    
parents deserve to be disrespected if they do not respect their children. And what kind of respecting, responsible parent would beat their child? Something that must be understood, is that people do not immediately become authoritive just because they got laid and had a kid. Being a good parent, a person that deserves respect, requires more than popping out a baby.

MoMo

United Kingdom
290 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2004 :  12:25:11    
Yh i guess i agree wid dat serek BUT......

I donít like the idea of parents going to the extreme, just to satisfy there own frustration. But if punishment is applied in times when it is most needed, for the benefit of the child. Then sure fire away, but other then that, no parent should take his/her anger and stress out on there children.

DAT KIND OF BEHAVIOUR IS okay 2 reinforce discipline n dat.....not 2 da xtreme where a child cant walk or h8's his rents....jst enuf 2 make him understand bt there r also better ways 2 do this....my rents have hit/slap me couple of tyms wen i got WAYYY out of hand bt ive never disrespected dem cuz i no thy did it 2 calm me down, not take der anger out on me or reinforce authority...itz a method tht shud b used rarely n carefully....
   Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AsianForum.co.uk - Asian Forum © Asian Forum
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000